Tag: 爱上海QK

  • Seven companies to relocate facilities to Indonesia, invest $850m

    first_imgThe President also highlighted the issue of land procurement in the country and committed himself to backing up the investors until such problems were resolved. For investors who had not yet procured land for their facilities, he offered the newly established Batang Industrial Park as a location.“We will provide around 4,000 hectares of land here, and in the first phase, there will be 450 hectares,” he said.The coronavirus outbreak, which was first detected in China, has strained Indonesia’s foreign direct investment, as projects have been delayed as a result of social restrictions to contain the spread of the virus. Indonesia has booked a 9.2 percent year-on-year (yoy) decline in foreign direct investment (FDI) to Rp 98 trillion ($6.8 billion) in the first quarter of 2020.The pandemic has also disrupted global supply chains and has made some companies question their heavy reliance on China, while the country’s trade war with the US burdened the industries with additional tariffs. President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo announced on Tuesday that seven foreign companies had confirmed plans to relocate production facilities to Indonesia, mostly from China, an encouraging signal for the country’s investment climate amid the pandemic.The relocation of factories of the seven companies, which include South Korean industrial conglomerate LG and Japanese electronics giant Panasonic, is estimated to bring investment of US$850 million to the country and potential employment for 30,000 workers, according to the Investment Coordinating Board (BKPM).“I’ve ordered the ministers and the BKPM head to provide the best services for the industries relocating from China to Indonesia,” Jokowi said on Tuesday during a visit to the Batang Industrial Park in Central Java. “If there is any difficulty with permit processing, I’ve ordered the BKPM head to take care of it, from A to Z, so investors can feel catered to.” To take advantage of the situation, the government has established a special task force to attract businesses leaving China and facilitate their relocation to Indonesia.Jokowi stated that 17 more companies were looking to open facilities in Indonesia. BKPM data show that the potential relocation and facilities expansion of the 17 companies will bring in total investment of $37 billion and provide employment for 112,000 people.He said the country had failed to lure companies in the past, such as when 33 companies moved away from China last year but none went to Indonesia.According to government data, the Panasonic relocated its facilities to Indonesia to turn Southeast Asia’s biggest economy into its export base for home appliances. Meanwhile, LG Electronics moved its facilities from South Korea as it planned to turn Indonesia into its regional hub to expand its market in Asia and Australia.Other companies that have reportedly confirmed their relocation include Taiwan-based audio equipment maker Meiloon, Japanese rubber products manufacturer Sagami, US-based light product maker Alpan, Taiwan-based tire-maker Kenda and Japanese automotive component manufacturer Denso.Alpan reportedly plans to relocate their facilities from Xiamen, China, to Kendal, Central Java, due to the 25 percent import tariff slapped on products from China.State-Owned Enterprise Minister Erick Thohir said he would ensure a smooth licensing and relocation process for investors to set up factories in the industrial park.“The Batang Industrial Park has a prime location and is owned by [state plantation firm] Perkebunan Negara IX, so there will be no problem in the relocation process and licensing in the future,” he said.Topics :last_img read more

  • May 18, 2019 Police Blotter

    first_imgMay 18, 2019 Police Blotter051819 Decatur County EMS Report051819 Decatur County Fire Report051819 Decatur County Law Report051819 Decatur County Jail Report051819 Batesville Police Blotterlast_img

  • Grant Green signs with the Athletics

    first_imgFormer USC standout shortstop Grant Green is moving on to the next stage in his career after signing a contract with the Oakland Athletics.The 21-year-old, selected 13th overall by the A’s in June, agreed to a deal that includes a $2.75 million signing bonus. Green reported for Arizona Fall League play Tuesday.Big bucks · Former shortstop Grant Green’s three years with USC earned him a big signing day with Oakland. – Amaresh Sundaram Kuppuswamy | Daily Trojan“It’s a good fit through and through,” Green said by phone Wednesday. “Me and my family, Scott Boras, my agent, we’re all extremely stoked about it and glad that it’s all over.”Green hit a team-leading .374 last season for the Trojans. In his three-year career at USC, he hit .359 with 15 homers, 102 RBI and a school record-setting 20 triples.At one point in February, he was projected by Baseball America to be picked as high as second overall after a summer at the Cape Cod Baseball League, in which he was named the most outstanding pro prospect. When his numbers slipped to start off the season, Green’s stock declined, but the A’s told him he was their top choice at shortstop all along.The A’s are reputed around the league to have a keen eye when it comes to the draft. Billy Beane, Oakland’s general manager, was the primary subject of a New York Times best-seller, Moneyball, that took a behind-the-scenes look at the team’s 2002 draft.“It was an honor to be picked by them,” Green said. “A lot of the guys that they’ve drafted throughout the years have gone on to be real good major leaguers, and it’s just an honor to be seen by the A’s organization as the top guy at that spot.”Green said he and Boras agreed to terms with the Athletics’ brass “about 30 seconds” before the 9 p.m. deadline on Aug. 17.Major League Baseball recommends that the 13th overall selection get $1.66 million. Brett Wallace, the 13th pick in 2008, signed for $1.84 million.“It’s a fair deal,” Green said. “We were still over slot, which is what we wanted, and they knew that.”Another former USC standout, right-handed pitcher Brad Boxberger, signed on deadline day with the Cincinnati Reds for $857,000. Boxberger had been drafted 43rd overall.Catcher/pitcher Robert Stock, who shined in the second half of last season as a starting pitcher for the Trojans, has been playing catcher in the St. Louis Cardinals organization since agreeing to a deal in June.Three other players from last year’s roster signed with MLB organizations: second baseman/catcher Hector Rabago, left-hander Anthony Vasquez and right-hander Daniel Cooper. Rabago went to the New York Yankees while Vasquez and Cooper both signed with the Seattle Mariners.last_img read more

  • Coach Alvin Gentry, Pelicans agree on 2-year extension

    first_imgMOST READ China population now over 1.4 billion as birthrate falls Ownership and management “have provided us with the necessary resources to compete at the highest level,” Gentry said Thursday, specifically mentioning Gayle Benson, who is now the sole owner of the Pelicans and NFL’s Saints following the death of her husband, Tom, in March. “I couldn’t be happier to work for such an exceptional owner. I am excited for the great opportunities that are ahead for our organization.”Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew The Pelicans’ late-season success stemmed in part from Gentry’s integration of Nikola Mirotic into the starting rotation after a Feb. 1 trade that brought the fourth-year forward to New Orleans from Chicago.The vote of confidence in Gentry comes as the Pelicans ponder their approach to retaining two key free agents: Cousins and veteran point guard Rajon Rondo.Both players thrived last season under Gentry, and Rondo during the playoffs spoke highly of the way Gentry respects his players by giving them the latitude to play to their strengths and be who they are.Cousins was averaging 25.2 points and 12.9 rebounds before his injury. Rondo enjoyed his best production with New Orleans during the playoffs, when he averaged 10.3 points, 12.2 assists and 7.6 rebounds.Gentry sounded confident that the Pelicans were prepared to move aggressively to build on what they accomplished this season, even if the price is high.ADVERTISEMENT LATEST STORIES Steam emission over Taal’s main crater ‘steady’ for past 24 hours Volcano watch: Island fissures steaming, lake water receding Neymar to play vs. Austria; Fred injured in Brazil training Jury of 7 men, 5 women selected for Weinstein rape trial Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Dave Chappelle donates P1 million to Taal relief operations Jiro Manio arrested for stabbing man in Marikina “He did a tremendous job last season,” Pelicans general manager Dell Demps said. “When we faced adversity, Alvin and his staff continually discovered ways to place the team in situations where we could be successful.”Gentry has gone 117-138 in three seasons, including this season’s playoffs, when the Pelicans swept Portland before losing a second-round series 4-1 to defending champion Golden State.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSAfter winning title, time for LA Tenorio to give back to Batangas folkSPORTSTim Cone, Ginebra set their sights on elusive All-Filipino crownNew Orleans missed the playoffs in Gentry’s first two seasons, during which the team dealt with a rash of injuries to key players.During this past season, Gentry had to help the Pelicans adapt to the loss of Cousins, who played a central role in a system that revolved around him and fellow All-Star big man Anthony Davis. Cousins tore his left Achilles in the 48th game of the season. Without him, New Orleans still managed to go 21-13 and finish sixth in the highly competitive Western Conference. Winfrey details her decision to withdraw from Simmons film FILE – In this Jan. 3, 2018, file photo, New Orleans Pelicans head coach Alvin Gentry shouts in the first half during an NBA basketball game against the Utah Jazz, in Salt Lake City. Two people familiar with the decision say Pelicans coach Alvin Gentry has agreed to a two-year extension running through the 2020-21 season. The people spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity on Thursday, June 7, 2018, because the agreement has not been announced.(AP Photo/Rick Bowmer, File)NEW ORLEANS — Alvin Gentry’s ability to coach the Pelicans into the second round of the playoffs despite the mid-season loss of All-Star DeMarcus Cousins persuaded the club that Gentry deserved to be under contract beyond next season.Gentry agreed on Thursday to an extension covering two additional years, running through the 2020-21 season.ADVERTISEMENT Lacson: Calamity fund cut; where did P4 billion go? View commentslast_img read more

Recent Comments