Tag: 南京夜网

  • Cyber-dissident Huang Qi free at last

    first_img Organisation News News Reporters Without Borders has voiced relief on learning of the release on 4 June 2005 from prison of cyber-dissident Huang Qi on completion of a five-year sentence for creating a “subversive” website. The winner of the Reporters Without Borders 2004 Cyber-Freedom Prize, Huang was arrested on 3 June 2000. He is now confined to his parent’s home in a village three hours by train from his own home in the southwestern city of Chengdu.”We are very pleased that Huang Qi has finally been reunited with his family after five years of imprisonment during which he was often mistreated,” the press freedom organisation said. “We nonetheless call for the lifting of his house arrest so that he can go and live in his own home, with his wife and child.”Reporters Without Borders added: “Huang must urgently undergo a complete medical check, because his health has deteriorated severely as a result of prison conditions. We would finally like to pay tribute to the courage of his wife, Zeng Li, who did not stop fighting for her husband’s release all these years.”On leaving prison this morning, Huang was sent to his parent’s village, Nei Jiang, and was told he could not leave it without the permission of the police. However, he has a worrying stomach ailment, violent headaches and other health problems and he will be unable to get a proper medical examination in the village. His wife and son have temporarily joined him at his parents’ home, but they will have to return soon to Chengdu, where his wife works and his child goes to school.He is in such poor health now in part because he had to sleep on the ground for a year and half while and prison, and was often beaten by guards and inmates during his first few months in detention.When police arrived at his home on 3 June 2000 to arrest him, Huang managed to dash off one last e-mail message: “Goodby everyone, the police want to take me away. We have a long road before us. Thank you to all those who have helped democratic development in China.”The creator of the website www.tianwang.com, Huang was indicted in January 2001 for “subversion” and “incitement to overthrow the state authority” under articles 103 and 105 of the criminal code. He had to wait until 9 May 2003 to learn that he had been sentenced to five years in prison. His offence was to have posted articles on the June 1989 Tiananmen Square massacre on his website, which was hosted on a server in the United States after being banned in China. A sham trial was held behind closed doors in August 2001. It was preceded by a hearing in February of that year in which Huang fainted in the courtroom. He was weak from interrogation sessions and his prison conditions, he had a scar on his forehead and he had lost a tooth as a result of being hit by his guards. A European diplomat in the courtroom confirmed there were visible signs of torture. His family was not allowed to see him until three years after his arrest. He received the Reporters Without Borders Cyber-Freedom Prize, which is supported by the Fondation de France, in June 2004. China’s Cyber ​​Censorship Figures Receive email alerts News ChinaAsia – Pacific to go further Democracies need “reciprocity mechanism” to combat propaganda by authoritarian regimes News Reporters Without Borders welcomes the release on 4 June from prison of Chinese cyber-dissident Huang Qi on completion of a five-year sentence for creating a “subversive” website. Although in ill-health as a result of harsh prison conditions and mistreatment, he has been ordered to live in a village far from his wife and child. Follow the news on China RSF_en ChinaAsia – Pacific June 4, 2005 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Cyber-dissident Huang Qi free at last Help by sharing this information June 2, 2021 Find out more April 27, 2021 Find out more China: Political commentator sentenced to eight months in prison March 12, 2021 Find out morelast_img read more

  • Limerick Culture and Arts Office present the Autonomy Project

    first_imgLimerick’s O’Connell Street Revitalisation Works to go ahead New parklet changes Catherine Street dining experience Ireland’s First Ever Virtual Bat Walk to take place in Limerick Limerick city centre gets a deep clean NewsLocal NewsLimerick Culture and Arts Office present the Autonomy ProjectBy Staff Reporter – March 29, 2018 1340 The Body Autonomous by Lisa McLoughlin with dancer Isabella Oberlander which will feature as part of the Autonomy Project which runs in Limerick from 2nd-7thApril Photographer Lucy Dawson.​Limerick Culture and Arts Office is delighted to present The Autonomy Project comprising of professional artists and original youth performances to audiences in Limerick, beginning on Easter Monday 2nd April 2018.The five days of events from 2nd-7th of April comprises of performances of original works from Limerick’s finest youth groups and leading professional dance, visual and sound artists exploring our autonomy in society.The two exciting performances are:Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up The Autonomy Project @ The Sailors Home will run from April 2nd to 7th. This multi-genre installation performance presents original works by six leading artists: Visual Artist, Seamus Nolan (F**k IMMA), Performance, Artist Fergus Byrne (Future Histories), Performing Artist, Deirdre Murphy (Capitalism the Musical), Sound installation by Siobhan Kavanagh & Adam Gibney (Doom Opera & Synthesiser 7:(un)Certain), Dance Artist Lisa McLoughlin (Anima).The Autonomy Project @Dance Limerick which will take place at 3pm & 8pm on April 6th & 7th as part of the Limerick Fringe. This performance film, dance and music will showcase the original works created by our youth group partners: Limerick Youth Theatre, Dance Limerick, Music Generation Limerick City and GOSHH along with two outstanding professional performances, Goblom (Ella Clarke and Caitríona Ní Mhurchú) and Contemporary Circus Maleta Company.The Autonomy Project progresses Limerick Culture and Arts Office’s Youth Arts Strategy, by developing and strengthening partnerships between four youth groups partners, Limerick Youth Theatre, Dance Limerick, Music Generation Limerick City and GOSHH (Gender, Orientation, Sexual Health, HIV)It supports the Limerick Cultural Strategy Framework 2016-2030 to engage citizens through involvement in culture.Dance artist and designer of The Autonomy Project, Lisa McLoughlin said: “This project is an exciting and ambitious large-scale collaboration. It draws on the best of collaboration, in that of all the youth groups and artists have full autonomy over their work to fully realise their vision. These are then combined to give multiple perspectives on a single theme. There will be dance, music, film, circus & visual art across two venues. This promises to be a treat for the senses!”Assistant Arts Officer, Limerick City and County Council, Dr. Pippa Little said, “I am thrilled to see the performances and films made by the young people, having worked to support the four youth group partners, Limerick Youth Theatre, Dance Limerick, Music Generation Limerick City and GOSHH throughout the process. The concept of Autonomy, devised and overseen by lead artist Lisa McLoughlin has offered a rich theme and a strong foundation for exploration, debate and discussion for the young people.”Tickets cost €10 for each performance, €5 child (under 16) or €17 for both Sailors Home and Dance Limerick are available from  www.dancelimerick.ieInformation on The Autonomy Project www. theautonomyproject.ieThe Autonomy Project is funded by an Arts Council ‘Invitation to Collaboration’ award, which Limerick City and County Council Culture and Arts Office applied successfully for in a competitive context.More local news here. Twitter Email Previous articleScholarship success for a second time for past pupils of Limerick schoolNext article#Watch Limerick #IBelieveHer rally Staff Reporterhttp://www.limerickpost.ie TAGSartistsAutonomy projectDr. Pippa LittleEaster MondayLimerick City and County CouncilLimerick Culture and Arts Officeyouth performances RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR O’Donnell Welcomes Major Enhancement Works for Castletroy Neighbourhood Park Print WhatsApp Facebook Linkedin Call to extend Patrickswell public sewer line last_img read more

  • County Commissioner Cheryl Musgrave To Seek Re-Election

    first_imgFacebookTwitterCopy LinkEmailShare Cheryl Musgrave will seek a second consecutive term as District Three Vanderburgh County Commissioner.  Musgrave will file at noon on January 8, 2020.  The election is on November 3, 2020.“I am excited about the accomplishments of the past three years,” Musgrave said. “We have over $80 million worth of investments in road, bridge, and trail construction underway.  This is on top of over $6 million investment into paving and patching existing streets and roads since 2017, an all-time high.  I am proud to have taken a leadership role in the initiation of several of these projects.”“My focus on infrastructure includes the long process of bringing broadband connectivity to all citizens of Vanderburgh County,” Musgrave said.  Under Musgrave’s leadership, Vanderburgh County was awarded the state’s Broadband Ready designation.  “Every home in Vanderburgh County should have access to fast and reliable Internet,” Musgrave stated.“Local government isn’t flashy.  It’s about hard work and getting the fundamentals right,” said Musgrave. “Once the fundamentals of infrastructure like roads, bridges, and broadband are in place, our community is positioned to grow.  It has been an honor to serve and I will continue the hard work to bring more growth and good government in the next term.”last_img read more

  • Warriors: Sorry, NBA, but Draymond Green is 100 percent back

    first_imgCLICK HERE if you are having a problem viewing the photos on a mobile deviceThere’s plenty of credit to go around for the Warriors’ current 11-game winning streak and the team’s re-establishment as the NBA’s unquestioned best.Stephen Curry is playing at an MVP level, Klay Thompson has figured out that he plays best when the ball only touches the floor after a made 3-pointer, Andre Iguodala and Kevin Durant are playing NBA Finals-quality defense, and DeMarcus Cousins has been even better than …last_img read more

  • Assembler Robots: Symbiotic Builders of the Future

    first_imgMIT researchers have developed symbiotic robots, something that they’re calling assembler robots. These are robots that can build, maintain, and coexist with structures. The MIT work demonstrates that robots are capable of self-assembling complex structures. Potential applications of the technology are the construction of airplane parts, bridges, entire buildings or as complex as a lunar base. Once built, the robots can still remain with the structure and can maintain and rebuild it, as necessary. From: MIT News Sandor Fekete, director at the Technical University of Braunschweig, said that “ultralight, digital materials such as these open amazing perspectives for constructing efficient, complex, large-scale structures, which are of vital importance in aerospace applications. The use of small and simple robots promises to provide the next breakthrough: Robots don’t get tired or bored, and using many miniature robots seems like the only way to get this critical job done. This extremely original and clever work by Ben Jennet and collaborators [at MIT] makes a giant leap towards the construction of dynamically adjustable airplane wings, enormous solar sails or even reconfigurable space habitats.”center_img These assembler robots are a hybrid of previous robots. Robots to date can be classified as either very high-end, expensive and deployed for performing very precise and optimized work, or at the other extreme, as low-end, mass produced and with lower performance and capabilities.last_img read more

  • 21 days agoMan Utd boss Solskjaer: Why Greenwood played on wing

    first_imgAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Man Utd boss Solskjaer: Why Greenwood played on wingby Paul Vegas21 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveManchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has explained why he picked Mason Greenwood on the wing for their 0-0 draw at AZ Alkmaar.Greenwood started the game on the right wing before moving into his more natural centre-forward role which was being occupied by Daniel James.United didn’t manage a shot on target throughout the whole of a dismal 90 minutes in Holland which saw them move on to four points from their first two Europa League group-stage fixtures.”Stretch opponents,” Solskjaer explained. “He stretches them. We never got to grips with the astro turf until second-half. First-half, we took some time before we got control of the ball and the game.”Dan can play down the middle, he has done before, that was a tactical tweak we tried. Of course, Mason’s more natural as a centre forward so we swapped them around.” last_img read more

  • 16 days ago​Ex-Man Utd keeper Bosnich: Mistake not replacing Lukaku

    first_img​Ex-Man Utd keeper Bosnich: Mistake not replacing Lukakuby Ansser Sadiq16 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveFormer Manchester United goalkeeper Mark Bosnich believes that not replacing Romelu Lukaku was a significant mistake.The Red Devils sold Lukaku to Inter Milan for a sizeable fee in the summer.They also allowed winger Alexis Sanchez to leave to the Italian club on loan.But no attacking players were signed in the summer, apart from Championship winger Daniel James from Swansea. And Bosnich believes that was a mistake.”Let’s be really frank, the recruitment has been poor over the past three or four years,” Bosnich told Omnisport.”Regardless of what the personal situation was, it was a mistake to let Lukaku go without having a ready-made replacement to come in. Especially at that stage of the season.”They didn’t [sign a replacement for Lukaku] and now Martial, Rashford and all of them have to find their spirit, find their soul and fight back.”There’s no use just sort of turning up at training, doing your job, going to the game, hiding, hoping that you don’t get any criticism and picking up your wages. That doesn’t work at a club like Manchester United.” TagsTransfersAbout the authorAnsser SadiqShare the loveHave your saylast_img read more

  • 8 days agoWest Ham defender Ogbonna eager to snap form slump against Everton

    first_imgWest Ham defender Ogbonna eager to snap form slump against Evertonby Paul Vegas8 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveWest Ham defender Angelo Ogbonna is eager to snap their form slump against Everton.The Hammers are without a victory in their last three matches in all competitions, including disappointing defeats at the hands of Oxford United in the Carabao Cup and Crystal Palace in the Premier League.“I am looking forward to this game, but every game in the Premier League can see your fortunes change, and games like this, like Burnley away, like Crystal Palace, like Brighton away, are tough games,” he told whufc.com.“They will prepare for us and sometimes you have to wear the armour to keep your place in the table.“For us, it is a good chance to step up, but it will not be easy and just because we talk, it does not mean things will happen. We have to wait, find our place and then take our chance.”He added: “They have good attacking players like Gylfi Sigurdsson, Alex Iwobi, [Dominic] Calvert-Lewin, Richarlison and a young player I heard a lot about when I was in Juventus and he was in the Academy, Moise Kean, who has a lot of skills and is very strong. But we just have to focus on our jobs and getting the three points.” About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your saylast_img read more

  • Families impacted by the West Fire in Alpine return home to devastation

    first_img Categories: Local San Diego News, Wildfires FacebookTwitter Dan Plante Dan Plante, July 9, 2018 00:00 00:00 spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster ↑↓volume mmute ←→seek  . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60% XColor SettingsAaAaAaAaTextBackgroundOpacity SettingsTextOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundSemi-TransparentOpaqueTransparentFont SettingsSize||TypeSerif MonospaceSerifSans Serif MonospaceSans SerifCasualCursiveSmallCapsResetSave SettingsALPINE (KUSI) – It’s hard to imagine the pain and misery for the Alpine families coming home to a pile of ashes. The West Fire in Alpine didn’t burn for long, but it did a lot of damage.Monday morning, many families began returning to their Alpine homes. Unfortunately, many of them are returning to heartache and pain. KUSI’s Dan Plante spent the day in Alpine where he spoke with some of the families who were impacted by the fire and got an up close look at the devastation caused by the West Fire. center_img Posted: July 9, 2018 Updated: 6:43 PM Families impacted by the West Fire in Alpine return home to devastationlast_img read more

Recent Comments