Tag: 上海夜网ZT

  • Martinez defends Howard display

    first_img Howard was one of the stars of the World Cup last year, but his form has dipped considerably since he returned to England. The American was dropped for Joel Robles at the turn of the year after making a number of mistakes and he was at fault again at Goodison Park on Sunday as Everton grabbed a lucky point thanks to an 88th-minute equaliser. Just after Steven Naismith had put Everton ahead, Howard pushed Jamie Vardy’s shot into the path of David Nugent to allow the Foxes to equalise and soon after the goalkeeper flapped at a cross, and Esteban Cambiasso drove a low shot into the home goal. Luckily for Howard and Everton, Romelu Lukaku’s late diving header flew in after a huge deflection off Matthew Upson to snatch a point for the hosts. “I don’t see Tim as directly responsible of the draw,” Everton boss Martinez said. “The first one is quite an unlucky action. He gets in some sort of a block, it hits John Stones’ legs and it ends up in the Leicester striker’s footpath. “We have three players around him and it ends up with him. “I don’t think it was such a major error. “I don’t think it would solve anything if we just single out the player who made that mistake. As a team we need to defend much better in those situations.” Everton won only once during the eight-game stretch Robles had in goal, and it appears the Spaniard will not replace Howard in goal for Thursday’s Europa League game against Young Boys. Press Association Roberto Martinez leapt to the defence of Tim Howard after the Everton goalkeeper put in another sub-par performance in the 2-2 draw against Leicester. “Tim Howard is one of our leaders, one of the most solid performers,” Martinez said. “What he brings as a goalkeeper is his understanding with other players, what he has achieved in the game, and when he is fully fit, he is a very strong performer. “His performance against Chelsea was outstanding and his performance against Young Boys, after the first goal when he doesn’t see the ball, was terrific. “I don’t think that is the difference between getting three points and one point today.” Howard was not the only one who failed to perform on Sunday. Ross Barkley lacked dynamism and creativity, Aaron Lennon quickly faded after a bright start and Lukaku missed several opportunities before helping the hosts earn a point with his deflected header. Everton’s home form was key to their fifth-place finish last term, but they have won three and drawn six at Goodison Park this year. Nigel Pearson was disappointed not to take three points back to Leicester. “The dressing room is very disappointed because we did very well today,” the Foxes boss said. “We have got to turn these sort of performances into wins. There is not getting away from the predicament we find ourselves in but the performance was there today. We will have to bounce back.” Leicester are four points from safety and have Manchester City, Tottenham, Southampton and Chelsea to face in their final 11 games. Pearson has not seen his team win in their last five Premier League matches, but he is still confident they will stay up. “If we apply ourselves in the way we did today and at Arsenal, I think we will be fine,” he said. “The target is for us to get out of the mess we are in. I can’t predict what (our) points total is going to be. First and foremost we have to stay in touch. “We have been bottom since late November. It is a long time for the players to deal with the pressure of being in that situation. “They conduct themselves exceptionally well. The spirit they have showed in a difficult season is very commendable.” last_img read more

  • Delayed ICE Raids Set for Sunday, Dems Outraged

    first_imgICE agents are planning to arrest thousands of illegal immigrants this Sunday, following through on previously delayed raids in ten U.S. cities.In late June, President Trump put the scheduled raids on hold, as part of an effort to push lawmakers to come up with an immigration bill.Agents are targeting around two-thousand immigrants, and plan to make arrests in known “sanctuary cities,” including New York, Atlanta, Los Angeles, and San Francisco.Democratic House Speaker Nancy Pelosi slammed Trump Thursday telling reporters at the Capitol that the administrations ‘heartless raids’ will terrorize migrant children and tear families apart.Nancy Pelosi Trump heartless raidsICE said its focus is on arresting people with criminal histories and those who already have orders of removal against them.According to reports, about three million illegal immigrants were deported under Former President Barack Obama’s administration.Many of those deported had not committed a crime other than the fact that they were here illegally.There are an estimated 11 million undocumented immigrants in the United States at this time.Related content:Trump defends mass ICE deportations set to begin Sundaylast_img read more

  • Desmond Harrison charged with strangulation, released by Cardinals

    first_imgThe Cardinals have yet to comment further on the [email protected] agree to a contract with supplemental draft pick S Jalen Thompson, and cut T Desmond Harrison after he was charged with assault.https://t.co/vpmxSNDlsc— Darren Urban (@Cardschatter) July 17, 2019According to multiple reports, a felony arrest warrant has been issued by Greensboro, North Carolina, police for Harrison, who is being charged with assault on a person by strangulation and assault on a female by a male. Related News The warrant was first reported by Bleacher Report’s Brent Sobieski. Browns’ Baker Mayfield admits he wanted ‘revenge’ against Hue Jackson The Cardinals have cut ties with Desmond Harrison.The team on Wednesday announced it released the offensive tackle “soon after the news came out that he was being charged with assault against a female in North Carolina.” Mike Vrabel discusses Marcus Mariota’s future with Titans Broncos’ contract negotiations stall with 2nd-round pick Drew Lock, report says BREAKING: Greensboro (NC) Police Department issued a felony arrest warrant for @AZCardinals offensive tackle Desmond Harrison, per source. Charges involve assault on a person by strangulation and assault on a female by a male.— Brent Sobleski (@brentsobleski) July 17, 2019Harrison, 25, signed with the Browns as an undrafted free agent last May and started the first eight games at left tackle as a rookie before being benched and was later waived after the season, reportedly for missing multiple team meetings and being viewed as unreliable.He was claimed off waivers by the Cardinals in June after being released by the Browns.He was suspended several times while playing college football at Texas before leaving the program. Harrison later played collegiately at Division II West Georgia after spending two years away from the field.last_img read more

  • Wellington Sears moving to Tibbs Furniture Store building on S. Washington (updated)

    first_imgby Tracy McCue, Sumner Newscow — Wellington Sears Store is on the move. Sears will be moving from the Warner Strip Mall on U.S. 160 just south of Penny’s Diner to the former Tibbs Furniture Store location at 214 South Washington.The new location will be the former building for Tibbs Furniture Store on 214 S. Washington.“We are hoping for a location that is a better fit for our store,”  said Melinda Haggard, of Pratt, who owns the Wellington Sears.The target date to open at its new location is Nov. 17.Wellington Sears will be using 7,000 square feet of the building – 5,000 of it being for showroom. Tibbs Furniture Store closed in 2012. The building was recently sold at auction to Shaun Weaver, Farm Bureau Financial Services and is currently getting renovated for the national chain outlet that sells a variety of home appliances.“I thought when I was purchasing the building, the size would be attractive for a business such as Sears,” Weaver said on why he bought the building. “But no I had no idea Sears wanted to move when I made the purchase. It was strictly speculative.” Weaver said the building is getting a new tile floor and other upgrades before opening. The move comes as welcome news to those in the Wellington downtown area, who have been working to bring more retail to the business district. Haggard said the current Warner location was not ideal for visibility for Sears. Plus the owners of the property at U.S. 160 are expected to make significant changes to the lot in the very near future. With the Sears exit, the strip mall will be completely abandoned. Close Forgot password? Please put in your email: Send me my password! Close message Login This blog post All blog posts Subscribe to this blog post’s comments through… RSS Feed Subscribe via email Subscribe Subscribe to this blog’s comments through… RSS Feed Subscribe via email Subscribe Follow the discussion Comments (16) Logging you in… Close Login to IntenseDebate Or create an account Username or Email: Password: Forgot login? Cancel Login Close WordPress.com Username or Email: Password: Lost your password? Cancel Login Dashboard | Edit profile | Logout Logged in as Admin Options Disable comments for this page Save Settings Sort by: Date Rating Last Activity Loading comments… You are about to flag this comment as being inappropriate. Please explain why you are flagging this comment in the text box below and submit your report. The blog admin will be notified. Thank you for your input. +6 Vote up Vote down ronco · 355 weeks ago How about a story on the significant changes planned in the near future for the strip mall. Other than Pennys, this property is an eyesore that needs a realistic business plan. Would be a good location for that Motel that’s been coming soon for years. Good move by Sears. Report Reply 0 replies · active 355 weeks ago +4 Vote up Vote down Scooter · 355 weeks ago Please tell me you are serious about there being a plan for the strip mall. Perhaps you could throw us a bone and give us a little hint. Report Reply 0 replies · active 355 weeks ago -12 Vote up Vote down mr ed · 355 weeks ago lets see move from a location that had thousands of cars pass by a day to a location where just a few hundred may pass by. If they aint busy at the east location things are really going to slow down when the relocate uptown. Not sure this makes sense Report Reply 6 replies · active 354 weeks ago +11 Vote up Vote down Brian · 355 weeks ago I wish Sears the best. Breathe more live into downtown that is looking a lot more alive! Go down town shop and eat people. You know what they say…..use it or loose it! Report Reply 0 replies · active 355 weeks ago +13 Vote up Vote down guest · 355 weeks ago Best wishes and thank you to SEARS for sticking with Wellington. Report Reply 0 replies · active 355 weeks ago +1 Vote up Vote down Jake W. · 355 weeks ago It’s great to see the Sears business moving and also our downtown block improving. The sad part is the strip mall. I have a soft spot for the old movie theatre and yes, its an eyesore but its full of fond memories. Perhaps before they tear it down, there can be a look around date. Report Reply 0 replies · active 355 weeks ago +4 Vote up Vote down Tom Countryman · 354 weeks ago Great move on Sears’ part. It should be a great enhancement to Wellington’s downtown. As far as the strip mall is concerned, I hope the improvement plans include repaving the lot. That is the reason we stopped going there way back when Dollar General was still there – fear of ruining the car’s suspension. Report Reply 0 replies · active 354 weeks ago +3 Vote up Vote down Ted Logan · 354 weeks ago I wonder if they will keep the same knowledgeable helpful employees. Report Reply 1 reply · active 354 weeks ago +2 Vote up Vote down South Haven Hick · 354 weeks ago The strip mall is in a steel building that is old and dated, which would take more expense than it would be worth to restore and rehabilitate. No effort has been made to keep the back side in as good shape as the front, and the front does not look that great as is. When the building was constructed, there was not adequate planning in providing for drainage off the lot on the east end, which in the winter becomes a parking or slip and fall hazard. Water is falling out of the gutter system where it should not when it rains. Due to the current condition of the building and property, I think no one who would choose to locate there would meet with success. Wellington would benefit from this structure being removed totally and the property redeveloped with a new and different strip mall layout or free-standing buildings planned to be easier to remodel if owners change and occupied by businesses for which demand will always be strong with local residents and out of town travelers. Report Reply 0 replies · active 354 weeks ago Post a new comment Enter text right here! Comment as a Guest, or login: Login to IntenseDebate Login to WordPress.com Login to Twitter Go back Tweet this comment Connected as (Logout) Email (optional) Not displayed publicly. Name Email Website (optional) Displayed next to your comments. Not displayed publicly. If you have a website, link to it here. Posting anonymously. Tweet this comment Submit Comment Subscribe to None Replies All new comments Comments by IntenseDebate Enter text right here! Reply as a Guest, or login: Login to IntenseDebate Login to WordPress.com Login to Twitter Go back Tweet this comment Connected as (Logout) Email (optional) Not displayed publicly. Name Email Website (optional) Displayed next to your comments. Not displayed publicly. If you have a website, link to it here. Posting anonymously. Tweet this comment Cancel Submit Comment Subscribe to None Replies All new commentslast_img read more

  • Charlie Adam wants Scotland ‘unrest’ to ease after Nations League promotion

    first_img Liverpool news live: Klopp reveals when Minamino will play and issues injury update ‘I’ll get him’ – Robertson further endears himself to fans with revenge vow to Mane Charlie Adam The average first-team salaries at every Premier League club in 2019 LATEST Gerrard launches furious touchline outburst as horror tackle on Barisic sparks chaos BEST OF Alex McLeish RANKED Every time Ally McCoist lost it on air in 2019, including funny XI reactions gameday cracker latest PAYBACK James Forrest netted a hat-trick in a 3-2 win over Israel last night SORRY Green reveals how he confronted Sarri after Chelsea’s 6-0 defeat at Man City 3 tense revealed LATEST FOOTBALL NEWS Boxing Day fixtures: All nine Premier League games live on talkSPORT “You’re playing for your country, you should enjoy it. That’s the pinnacle. Getting to a major tournament is what they should be driving for.“Hopefully, these back-to-back wins can settle the squad down and ease the little bit of unrest because there’s definitely something inside the camp.“Hopefully, Alex can get that sorted and we can move forward.”McLeish was under huge pressure heading into these two Nations League games after losing in Israel last month.And these back-to-back wins could have saved his job.“If he hadn’t got these two wins, there would have been a bit of an ambush to get him out because people were divided when he came in,” Adam, 32, added. 3 Arsenal transfer news LIVE: Ndidi bid, targets named, Ozil is ‘skiving little git’ 3 But it hasn’t been easy for Alex McLeish’s stewardship with players’ commitment being questioned due to the high number of withdrawals in recent months.Kieran Tierney, John McGinn and Tom Cairney pulled out of this month’s games through injury, while Matt Ritchie has made himself unavailable “for the foreseeable future”.And, Adam, whose last Scotland cap came in June 2015, hopes his country moves forward after their Nations League success.“There is a bit of unrest, players aren’t happy with the positions they’re playing or the formation that’s being played,” the Stoke midfielder told talkSPORT.“Every camp, there seems to be a different formation. Some are unhappy playing four at the back, some are unhappy playing three at the back – you’ve just got to get on with it. Charlie Adam wants unrest surrounding the Scotland national team to ease after their Nations League promotion.The Scots secured vital back-to-back wins against Albania and Israel to win their group, gaining a Euro 2020 play-off place. “It is what it is. He’s a good man, everyone knows that, he’ll be happy going into the next set of games in the New Year.” Sky Sports presenter apologises for remarks made during Neville’s racism discussion scrap Top nine Premier League free transfers of the decadelast_img read more

Recent Comments